I don’t think I’ve posted anything in several weeks. Well…since my mom came to visit back in mid-March. After that I had lots to share. I wanted to write about her visit and being the daughter of an adult with Alzheimer’s. I wanted to write about her interactions with her grandson. I wanted to write about my students. I really wanted to write about women advocating for themselves especially in health care settings. I also really wanted to write about if “helicopter parents” is a term appropriate for those of us with toddlers – isn’t helicopter parenting what we do right now?… but life got in my w…so I wrote nothing….
1) My opinion piece got printed in the online Boston Globe’s Podium.
2) It is important for care-takers to take care of themselves and my dad finally came to that realization! YAY!
3) Toddlers, while lots of work are so cute, funny and precious. Mine now is able to say over 30 words and recognizes the U.S. President on t.v, and says “Marrack Bama” – close enough right?
4) My sanity and health are priceless!
5) I can’t control everything.
6) Summer is almost here and I’ll have more time (yea right) and maybe more inspiration to post